Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro: David


STATUS: ON HIATUS (5/8/12)

Name: David
Location: Beijing, China

Hey, guys!

I get the prestigious spot at the bottom of the blog for my intro. My name's David, and at the moment, I am studying in Beijing!

The DUtM project was actually inspired by my crazy travel plans this summer--in fact, I'm only going to be in China for another week, and then I'll be spending half a month in Mongolia before heading back to the U.S. to work at the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs in Oregon. That is a crazy lot of crazy places, full of crazy people and crazy things to do--so I thought, what if I could bend that craziness toward something more? And here we are!

So hey. Go crazy!

Unfortunately the muse struck late--I would have loved to take some challenges with me to the various places in China I've visited over the last few months. But now, this is all I've got, so China challenges will have to be limited to the Beijing area. Fortunately, this city is chock-full of awesomeness. What's something you've always wanted to see here? Let me show it to you.

I've been a contributing member to the Cleanplace guild for about five years now. It is a fantastic organization full of fantastic enough people to pull me away from my Warm Springs internship for a week. I have watched the guild, and the conference in general, turn lives around--I'm so excited to do everything I can to give that experience to more people!

Thank you for your support, and for traveling with me down this crazy road!

5 comments:

  1. We heartily applaud you and all takers of such a creative venture. Hmmmm....May I suggest a triple dare? Eat something you haven't dared to eat, meet someone you haven't dared to meet, and write your experiences in a poem...haiku? If you all can be sure not to land in jail or the hospital, I am happy to pledge $20 to each of five takers, is that OK? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be one of the takers for this one, as it doesn't involve reptiles. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dare you to strike a heroic pose in front of the Ulaanbaatar Opera House. ($10 pledge)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, that is an awesome dare! And we'll get five us of to do it. Sarah P is one, I'm another--let's see if Jordan, Mercy and maybe Kurt would be up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I'll have to think of someone whom I haven't dared to meet, but I'd be up for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete